Providing Fun & Interactive Music classes for children aged 6 months to 4 years of age.
A gently structured programme allows young children to develop, grow and explore the world around them using music and song. Our exclusive franchise territories are very generous, ensuring that our franchisees get a head start in this lively and competitive industry.
Franchise package overview
Full training is given along with launch assistance and continuous ongoing support. Our franchisees are also encouraged to network and support one-another via our password protected forum. We are a very friendly team!
· All sessions are planned and pre-recorded for you.
· Over 220 puppets and finger puppets
· Over 100 instruments
· Over 100 additional props
· 5 year renewable franchise licence (small admin fee only)
· Protection of comprehensive franchise agreement and registered trademarks
· Storage tubs
· Professional CD Player
· Start up pack of professionally designed marketing material and business stationary
· Press release templates and user guide with additional support from Head Office
· Customisable, professionally designed advertising templates
· Web page
· Music Bugs email address and business phone number (no charges)
· Uniform and first aid kit
Music Bugs classes launched in Wiltshire in 2004 and very quickly saw a rapid period of expansion due to the successful formula and popularity of the classes. The company launched as a franchise in February 2007 with approx 120 exclusive territories available.
Claire Bennett, the founder of Music Bugs and a former nurse devised the successful format as a result of intensive research and collaboration with Early Years Specialists. With 4 children of her own, Claire wanted to devise a programme which would encompass the key areas of early child development within a friendly and interactive environment.
Profile of franchisees
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and confident franchisees who can make each and every child and parent feel welcome and valued within the sessions. You must be well organised and determined to build your business up from scratch in a competitive market.
You must enjoy being part of a team and able to make a positive contribution to the growth of the company. A good singing voice and the ability to laugh and learn with very young children is essential!
What a franchisee would do
Most of your time would be spent running the classes. These will predominantly be parent and child classes but you also have the potential to run sessions in nurseries and crèches. Additional income can also be gained by providing birthday parties and the sale of merchandise.
There will also be a certain amount of time taken up with marketing and administration and supporting/training Class Leaders if you wish to expand your classes further.
The franchise fee is currently £7,500 (inc of VAT). Management service fees are also payable on a per-class basis. You will be required to have £1000 available in liquid capital during your first year for advertising and marketing and will also need to attend a four day training workshop in Wiltshire prior to the launch of your business.
This entitles you to:
· Your own exclusive and generous territory in which to operate your Music Bugs sessions.
· A 5 year renewable franchise licence.
· Use of the Music Bugs trademark, logo and business systems for pre-school music classes and other related permitted activities.
· 4 days of comprehensive training in Wiltshire and the opportunity to observe/take part in local sessions.
· An Enhanced Criminal Record Check.
· Ongoing support (and always a friendly welcome) from Head Office for the duration of your franchise and the support of your fellow franchisees via our secure and comprehensive forum.
· In-depth training and operations manual.
· The protection of a comprehensive franchise agreement, drawn up by a solicitor with more than 15 years experience in the franchising industry. Our solicitor has extensive experience working for prestigious law firms Field Fisher Waterhouse, Burges Salmon and Osborne Clarke. Working for both franchisors and franchisees, he has also lectured many times on the legal aspects of franchising for the British Franchise Association (BFA).
· The space to promote your local classes on the Music Bugs website and a free 0844 telephone number.
· All the session plans and class CD’s that you need to run your sessions throughout the year with accompanying songbook.
· A massive supply of props for your classes. Over 400 items including instruments, props and puppets ensuring that you are the most colourful preschool music classes in town!
· Brightly coloured, durable tubs for the storage and transportation of your props.
· 3 Polo shirts embroidered with the Music Bugs logo, plus a Music Bugs T-shirt for your class teddy! (We can supply a teddy, or you can use one of your own if you prefer).
· A professional quality CD player for use during your classes.
· A comprehensive start up kit of A5 flyers (5000), A4 posters (200), reward stickers (3000) plus letterheads, compliments slips and business cards.
To learn more about the Music Bugs franchise opportunity, simply complete the form below.